Friday, December 10, 2010

To My Family . . . . March 1, 2010

By kristen
To my precious children and best friend:
Well. Here we are. We have anxiously and excitedly counted down the days until I travel to Kenya, Africa.
There has been an palpable energy in our home for weeks, an expectant feeling and more love, touching, hugging and being than I’ve ever experienced. My heart is so full. As I’ve readied for this journey, each of you has come beside me and enabled me to go. You’ve given me the greatest gifts-encouragement, courage, love and abiding joy.
To my children: You’ve given me wings to fly across the globe and tell another child’s story. You’ve selflessly released me to shed the light on the forgotten, to give the poor a face, so that children might be rescued from poverty.
Thank you, sweet babies. I am honored to be your Momma and I am so proud of each of you. You have taught me so much.
(the note my oldest made for me, tucked away in my unstamped passport)

I love you.
To my husband: You are the perfect match to my soul. I’m taking you with me because I am not whole without you. You will walk the dirty streets and see the dust covered children with me. I carry you in my heart. Thank you for being my greatest friend and champion. You have encouraged this in me, you have been my hero and shown me Jesus.
I love you.
The day I said yes to this trip with Compassion International, I knew I would return a different person, never seeing life the same thru my naive eyes.
But I didn’t know I would be a different person before I even left. My sweet family, you have prepared your hearts and we will never be the same.
I am ready.

No comments: